A Manual of Astrology by Raphael (Robert Cross Smith) Or The Book of the Stars: Which Contains every requisite illustration of the Celestial Science Or the Art of Foretelling Future Events by the Influences of the Heavenly Bodies
Robert C. Smith, known as Raphael, wrote A Manual of Astrology, in a manner unattempted by any former author and divested of the superstitions of the dark age. He compiled an ephemeris (still currently in use) and launched the first successful astrological publishing house.
Published in 1828, the Contents of A Manual of Astrology Comprise:
1. An historical narration of the antiquity and verity of Astrology.
2. Elementary Principles or the Sci-ence ; comprising a complete system of the Universe according to modern Astronomers.
3. The Natures of the Twelve Signs, the Houses of Heaven, the Planetary Orbs, the Fixed Stars, etc. etc.
4. The art of casting a Figure or Theme of Heaven, or Scheme of Nativity, for any time whatever, by Perpetual Tables.
5. Requisite descriptions of the Zodiacal and Mundane Aspects.
6. The Doctrine of Nativities ; with select experimental Rules, for foreseeing each particular event, from the cradle of infancy to the tomb of age.
7. The method of working Celestial Directions, both in the zodiac and in mundo.
8. The art of foreknowing the chief events of life by Celestial Periods ; a new and important discovery. Also the theory of Progressive Directions.
9. A number of remarkable Horoscopes, evincing the power of the Stars in Life and Death.
10. The art of resolving every important question in the affairs of human life, by the science of Horary Astrology; with the Horoscope of London Bridge, etc. etc.
11. The theory of State Astrology ; or the method used by Astrologers in foretelling the fates of Kingdoms, Thrones, and Empires, exemplified by a prophetic glance at the late Lunar Eclipse.
12. An highly curious extract from an Original Manuscript; communicated by a valuable correspondent, relative to the mystic signatures of the Seven Planets.
The whole illustrated and exemplified by various important and appropriate, Diagrams, and THREE ELEGANT ENGRAVINGS.
Please note that A MANUAL OF ASTROLOGY is in the public domain and has been digitised by Google and it is made available here without any alteration. Please read the copyright terms on the google.com before downloading. Downloading implies your acceptance of the terms. Language: English PDF File size : 9.37 MB
IMPORTANT! This ebook is free. However if you use this ebook and find our efforts worthwhile, we expect you to donate generously to keep this good work going.Donation Options